TOKYO, Dec 24, 2021 – (JCN Newswire) – Fujitsu Limited and Ridgelinez Limited (Ridgelinez) today announced a new strategy to strengthen cooperation and deliver services that contribute to the resolution of environmental issues as set out in the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The two companies will provide new services to support customers in Japan in reaching their sustainability goals. These services include the formulation of management strategies and the implementation of SDG-related measures. This includes both consulting services to help customers in the Japanese market in realizing their Sustainability Transformation (SX) starting from January 2022, and services to measure and visualize CO2 emissions in customers’ supply chains starting from December 24, 2021. In the future, services will be offered to visualize and measure customers’ CO2 emissions for the global market. Ridgelinez, a Fujitsu Limited subsidiary offering consulting and DX services to customers, will provide the consulting services. This will include support in integrating ESG(1) in sustainable management strategies, as well as in realizing carbon neutrality, with the goal of zero CO2 emissions. Fujitsu has been visualizing CO2 emissions of its Group (including its supply chain) and has established concrete targets to reduce CO2 emissions using the SBT(2). Fujitsu has also been promoting active introduction and management of renewable energies via international initiatives like RE100(3) and the acquisition of the EPEAT(4) eco label. Fujitsu will use this knowledge to provide tools to enable customers to reduce CO2 emissions and visualize, disclose, as well as indirect CO2 emissions.
This latest offering demonstrates how the Fujitsu Group will continue to promote “Sustainable Manufacturing,” accelerating the creation of secure and resilient supply chains and a circular economy to achieve carbon neutrality and to support growth that contributes to the harmonious coexistence of people and the earth. Fujitsu’s commitment towards Sustainable Manufacturing is one of seven Key Focus Areas that it has established under the Uvance brand.
About the New Service
(1) Consulting services to realize SX in customers’ businesses
Ridgelinez will provide SX consulting services, including:
– Support for customers in the formulation of sustainable management strategies to resolve ESG related issues
– Support in bringing customers’ CO2 emissions to zero in order to achieve carbon neutrality
– Sustainable governance / finance support to assist customers in disclosing information to investors and other relevant parties
In order to provide these services, Ridgelinez will strengthen its internal structure by establishing “Sustainability Transformation Practice” as a new organization including talent highly specialized in the area of carbon neutrality (including renewable energies and bio technologies) in January 2022, and plans to gradually expand its staff.
Looking forward, Ridgelinez further also aims to build new channels of communication to share sustainability related news to partners and organizations outside of Japan in a speedy manner with the aim to contribute to comprehensive SX.
(2) Cloud services for visualization of CO2 emissions in customers’ supply chains
– Cloud-based services to collect and visualize data on fuel and electricity consumption at each plant and facility as well as CO2 emissions generated in customers’ supply chains including product manufacturing and transportation. The “FUJITSU Manufacturing Industry Solution COLMINA factory optimization dashboard” allows for graphical visualizations of different types of manufacturing data. Customers can use templates to edit graphs to show CO2 emissions by country or region.
– Customers can combine this system with a service that collects data on energy consumption per manufacturing process and plant. This allows them to more efficiently aggregate data and provides greater traceability for their businesses.
– Customers will have a better understanding of their CO2 emissions, including those within the supply chain. They can also use these services to accelerate their carbon-neutral management.
– These services will be available to the international market in the near future.
Sales Target (Japanese market)
300 companies by the end of fiscal 2023. (Fujitsu’s fiscal year ends March 31)
Three factors necessary for a company’s long-term growth in order to realize a sustainable world: “Environment”, “Social”, “Governance”
(2) SBT (Science Based Targets):
Goals certified by the Science Based Targets Initiative (SBTi), which was jointly established in 2015 by organizations such as the United Nations Global Compact and the World Resources Institute (WRI).
(3) RE 100:
Renewable Energy 100. Climate Group, an international NGO in partnership with CDP, is responsible for this initiative. Comprised of companies that aim to use 100% renewable energy as their power source.
The Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool. The U.S. Green Electronics Council has international certification for electronic products.
Topic – Press release summary
Source: Fujitsu Ltd
Sectors: Cloud & Enterprise
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright (c) 2021 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. Asia Corporate News Network is a division.
For More dWeb.News Asia Business News https://dweb.news/news-sections/business-news/
The post Fujitsu and Ridgelinez Launch Services To Visualize Customers’ Carbon Footprints in Supply Chain appeared first on dWeb.News dWeb.News from Daniel Webster Publisher dWeb.News – dWeb Local Tech News and Business News